Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of Kanban,
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
- In the search field type “Kanban” and click Search Plugins.
- Once you’ve found our plugin, you can install it by simply clicking “Install Now”.
- Download the plugin from the WordPress repo.
- Unzip the plugin file, and you’ll find a folder called “kanban”.
- Upload the foloder to the “/wp-content/plugins” folder of your site. The path should be “/wp-content/plugins/kanban”.
The WordPress codex contains instructions on various menthod of manual installation.
When you install the Kanban Board for the first time, the plugin will load default Statuses & Estimates.
By default there are six different Task Statuses that match the most common kanban patterns:
- In progress
And five Estimates:
These defaults, along with their colors and order, can be changed on the “settings” page.