Here you will learn how to add a Text Field to a Card and how to update the Text Field.
Related: Learn how you can add and update Title Fields.
1. Open the Board you wish to edit Cards for
You can see the list of your Boards in the top left corner of your screen. Access the necessary Board by simply clicking on it.
2. Click the gear icon in the footer
Open the Board settings menu by clicking the icon at the bottom of the page.
3. In the context menu, select “Edit the board”
Alternatively, you can click Shift + B on your keyboard.
4. In the window that will open, go to the “Fields” tab
5. Click “Add a field”
6. From the dropdown, select “Text”
7. In the “Field Title” input field, enter the title for the Text Field
For example, if this field will contain the description of the task, you can name it “Description”.
8. In the “Placeholder” input field, enter the placeholder text for the Text Field
For example, if this field will contain the description of the task, you can type in “Enter the task details” as a placeholder.
9. Switch between “Yes”/”No” in order to hide/show the Text Field in the Cards respectively
Note: If you select to hide the Text Field (i.e., if you switch to “Yes”), it will appear in the Card as a collapsible section.
Done! You have added a Text Field to the Cards in this Board.
Related: Learn how you can add and update Date Fields.